Bout of Books 20
Bout of Books 20 kicked off at Midnight last night. I can always find a way to make Bout of Books work for me. I have a busy week ahead but I’m going to make as much time for reading as I can.
The Bout of Books Read-a-Thon was created by Amanda @ On a Book Bender on a complete whim in August 2011. It took on a life of its own and was such a hit that Amanda decided to do it again and turn it into a somewhat regular occurrence.
- Bout of Books is a week long read-a-thon, usually from 12:01am on a Monday through 11:59pm on a Sunday in whatever time zone you are in.
- It is low pressure, meaning participants are only asked to push themselves to read more than they normally would during any given week. There is no competition between readers.
- How much time a reader wants, and can commit, to read, tweet, or network with fellow bloggers is left to individual preference. All challenges and giveaways are optional.
- Networking with fellow bloggers is actively encouraged, though never required.
- Use Twitter to post updates throughout the read-a-thon. Everyone will be tweeting with the #boutofbooks hashtag.
I have several books on my desk and on my ereader. In addition I’m in the middle of one audiobook and may or may not finish it this week.
I will be using this post as my tracking post and adding daily updates each morning about what reading I have accomplished the day before. I’ll post updates here every morning Tuesday through Saturday. I’ll include my Sunday reading on my final wrap up post.
One thing I do a little different this week is to track all my reading time. I have a time tracking app on my phone and watch so it’s easy to hit the start and stop button and track whether it’s reading or listening time. One benefit of using this is it keeps me focused. I find I’m less inclined to get distracted by stuff that I could be doing around the house or playing on my phone if I’m feeling like I’m “on the clock” for reading.
As for what I’m hoping to get to this week . . .
I’d like to finish the two books I’m currently reading (The Marsh King’s Daughter and How I Married a Marquess). I’ll continue with my audiobook (The Painted Queen). I’d love to make a dent in my next book (The Romanovs)
So . . . Let the reading begin . . .
I had the day off but the morning and early afternoon were taken up with traveling and watching the total eclipse. We had a great view from my sister-in-law’s porch.
I spent the rest of the afternoon reading and ended up with nearly 4 hours of reading logged. I finished The Marsh King’s Daughter.
Three and a half hours of reading/listening today. Listening to The Painted Queen and reading How I Married a Marquess.
Same as yesterday – Three and a half hours of reading/listening today. Listening to The Painted Queen and reading How I Married a Marquess.
Three hours of reading/listening. I finished How I Married a Marquess and started The Romanovs 1613-1918.
Two hours and 40 minutes today. Enjoying both The Painted Queen on audio and The Romanovs in print.
No audiobook time today but I got 2 and a half hours of reading. I took a break from The Romanovs to start My Favorite Thing is Monsters.