Bout of Books 17
Bout of Books 17 kicked off at Midnight last night. I can always find a way to make Bout of Books work for me. I won’t be beginning my reading until my commute time this morning.
The Bout of Books Read-a-Thon was created by Amanda @ On a Book Bender on a complete whim in August 2011. It took on a life of its own and was such a hit that Amanda decided to do it again and turn it into a somewhat regular occurrence.
- Bout of Books is a week long read-a-thon, usually from 12:01am on a Monday through 11:59pm on a Sunday in whatever time zone you are in.
- It is low pressure, meaning participants are only asked to push themselves to read more than they normally would during any given week. There is no competition between readers.
- How much time a reader wants, and can commit, to read, tweet, or network with fellow bloggers is left to individual preference. All challenges and giveaways are optional.
- Networking with fellow bloggers is actively encouraged, though never required.
- Use Twitter to post updates throughout the read-a-thon. Everyone will be tweeting with the #boutofbooks hashtag.
I have a big pile of books and an full ereader ready for this week. I won’t be tracking pages or books read but what I will track is the time I spend reading this week. I use an app on my phone called ATracker to record the time I spend reading or listening to audiobooks.
Here are my stats for the last Bout of Books in May. I’m hoping to beat those numbers this week.
I will be using this post as my tracking post and adding daily updates each morning about what reading I have accomplished the day before. I’ll post updates here every morning Tuesday through Sunday. I’ll include my Sunday reading on my final wrap up post next Monday.
Audiobook – 30 minutes (Right Ho, Jeeves)
Reading – 1 Hour, 45 minutes (In the Kingdom of Ice and Other People’s Baggage)
Audiobook – 31 minutes (Right Ho, Jeeves)
Reading – 2 Hour, 33 minutes (In the Kingdom of Ice and Other People’s Baggage)
And I scheduled a vacation day for Friday to allow for a day of mostly reading.
Audiobook – 57 minutes (Right Ho, Jeeves)
Reading – 2 Hour, 10 minutes (In the Kingdom of Ice and Other People’s Baggage)
Audiobook – 32 minutes (Right Ho, Jeeves)
Reading – 2 Hour, 4 minutes (In the Kingdom of Ice and Other People’s Baggage)
Audiobook – 2 hours, 2 minutes (Right Ho, Jeeves, Masked Ball as Broxley Manor and The Green Mill Murder)
Reading – 1 Hour, 58 minutes (In the Kingdom of Ice and Other People’s Baggage)
As usual – my reading time drastically drops off on the weekend because we were out and about all day.
Reading – 1 hour, 52 minutes (In the Kingdom of Ice)