The post announcing this challenge was so darn entertaining that I just had to join in. Trust me and just go here to read it. Besides, I had to have that adorable button on my sidebar.
Renay at Bottle of Shine is hosting this challenge in which the reading list to choose from will be made up of books submitted by the participants.
Here are the details:
1. Make a list of ten books you love. That’s the only qualification; you had to love (or at least like it) the books on the list.
2. Share the list
3. Browse the lists created by other participants (Reading lists by participant or Master Reading List)
4. Between May 1st and November 30th read at least 3 books recommended by other participants.
5. Write reviews of the books you read.
6. Share the links to your reviews.
It just sounded like too much fun to pass up. I managed to come up with a list of 10 books I loved. It’s not necessarily my all time top 10 because some of those have already been listed by other participants, but it is books I have thoroughly enjoyed, recommended to others and in some cases read multiple times.
Sarum by Edward Rutherfurd (I’m actually planning on re-reading this one myself soon)
One Foot in Eden by Ron Rash
Hell at the Breech by Tom Franklin
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee (I know a bunch of folks have already listed it but I can’t not include it)
Homestead by Rosina Lippi
The Girls by Lori Lansens
The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas (but only if you read the Richard Pevear Translation)
Heartsick by Chelsea Cain
Shadow Divers by Robert Kurson
Centennial by James Michener
I haven’t decided on what 3 (or more) I’m going to read yet – I’m waiting to see more of the recommendations before I decide.
Update 5/6/08 – Here are the books I’ve chosen to read for this challenge: